- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
BEST MATTRESS FOR BACK PAIN
• Even distribution of body weight and in turn relieve pressure points.
• Motion isolation
• Little support for stomach sleepers
• Too much firmness can aggravate pressure points
• Innerspring or coil mattresses rely on springs or coils to provide support.
• Firmer support
• Good for heavier people and stomach sleepers
• Motion transfer
• Hybrid mattresses can offer the best of all worlds, combining coils with a top layer of foam or latex, or both foam and latex.
• Deliver the medium firmness preferred by back pain sufferers
• Better at cradling the body than the innerspring mattresses
• Provide more buoyancy than memory foam mattresses
• Hybrid mattresses tend to be quite expensive
• Salespeople sometimes falsely claim that the more coils the better the mattress.
• Latex mattresses are made from either synthetic or natural rubber.
• Tends to be firmer than foam
• Does not heat up as easily as other materials
• High point elasticity means more comfort and pressure point relief
• Some sleepers are allergic to latex
• Motion transfer is sometimes an issue
• Some latex gives off an odor similar to that of a wet band-aid
• Airbed mattresses that use adjustable air-filled chambers instead of coils and are topped with foam.
• Pressure can be adjusted throughout the mattress
• Bed-sharing partners can have the kind of firmness they each want
• In cheaper airbeds, with fewer air chambers, a big air “bubble” can pop up when someone sits or lays down on the other side of the bed
• Can be expensive
In addition to mattress type, another factor to which back pain sufferers need to pay attention is the frequency of replacing the mattress. Watch for signs of age such as sagging and how long, it takes for the mattress to recover from body impressions. The conventional advice is to replace the mattress every eight years. However, chronic back pain sufferers might need to replace their mattresses more frequently.
SHOP AT MATTRESS WAREHOUSE AND SEE HOWARD.
ALSO, MENTION THAT DR. BORJA SENT YOU
FOR EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNTS!
Welcome to The Spine and Wellness Center!